Security and Defence Committee
Members of the Committee
- Giedrius Surplys, Chair, Lithuania
- Atis Lejiņš, Vice Chair, Latvia
- Urve Tiidus, Vice Chair, Estonia
- Andrius Mazuronis, Member, Lithuania
- Jānis Ādamsons, Member, Latvia
- Anti Poolamets, Member, Estonia
Priorities of the Committee in 2021 under the Lithuanian presidency
- Crisis management and disaster prevention: lessons learnt and measures for joint actions for future
- Baltic Road Map 2030: how ready is our cooperation in times of crisis?
- Border maintenance and control: state of play and lessons learned
- Security and defence cooperation
- Protection of critical infrastructure
- Cooperation of law-enforcement institutions to fight against cross-border crime
Implementation of the Recommendations of the Baltic Assembly
- Defence cooperation of the Baltic States
- Military mobility
- External border control and management
- Joint procurements in military sector
- Cooperation in the field of disaster prevention, preparedness and response, crisis management and civil protection
The committee's previous tile "Legal Affairs and Security Committee" was changed to "Security and Defence Committee" by the decision of the 36th Session of the Baltic Assembly on 10 November 2017.
Research "Global Connections, Regional Implications: An Overview of the Baltic Cyber Threat Landscape"
The Baltic Assembly and the International Centre for Defence and Security (ICDS) launched a research "Global Connections, Regional Implications: An Overview of the Baltic Cyber Threat Landscape". The research was conducted by Junior Research Fellow of ICDS, Patrik Maldre. It provides a brief overview of the global and Baltic cyber threat landscape, with a particular view toward strategic threats to national and international security.
Download full analysis: Patrik Maldre - Global Connections, Regional Implications: An Overview of the Baltic Cyber Threat Landscape.
Priorities of the Committee in 2016-2020
Priorities of the Security and Defence Committee of the Baltic Assembly for 2016 – 2020 (download)